What camera files are needed and what do the various files extensions mean for the Lynx when used in myQA and Lynx2D software?
- CGM (or CAL) file : geometrical/optical distortion. This file is measured using visible light by Fimel. In the future, Lynx 2D will allow customers (and IBA Dosimetry) to measure it using a calibration plate and ionization beams. The CGM is a correction which is valid in the range from iris 30% and iris 100%. (The CAL was a correction valid at iris 100% only, that's why we replaced it with the CGM file)
- MC file : uniformity measured at iris = 100% (direct comparison between the response of the Lynx and the response of an ionization chamber. this comparison is made by IBA Dosimetry using a Cobalt-60 beam)
- DIA file : uniformity measured at other iris values (direct comparison between the response of the Lynx at iris = 100% and the response of the Lynx at iris != 100%. this file is determined by IBA Dosimetry using a Colbat-60 beam)
- Other files: we don't have access to them
- GEO: there are 2 geometrical corrections: (a) Geo file and (b)CGM/CAL. The GEO file is determined by Fimel. The CGM (or CAL) is an fine adjustment of the GEO file.
- RGU contains all parameters of the Lynx
- INDEX: all files contain the same index-value which is updated when a new calibration is done (for example). This file contains this index-value
- TXTB: this file is obsolete for Gigabit Lynx (but mandatory to use a Lynx with SW)