How to mount the Gantry Sensor + holder for Halcyon/Ethos machines?
To enable use of the Gantry Sensor + (GS+) with a Halcyon/Ethos machine (HAL), a holder has been designed to securely place the device inside the machine. The HAL GS+ Holder is intended to hold the base plate and angle sensor on the back side of the HAL.
Example of holder inside a machine with GS+ attached:
The HAL GS+ Holder consists of:
- Homogeneous holder with Base plate extension.
- Fixation screws (1)
To install the holder and GS+ in the HAL:
- Drive the HAL gantry to 0 degrees.
- Open the HAL door and set the brakes.
- Remove the HAL GS+ holder fixation screws from the holder.
- Place the HAL GS+ holder on the bottom part of the SSMM Power Box Bracket, with the GS+ base plate extension facing down.
- Insert both fixation screws in the SSMM Power Box Bracket holes and tighten them, ensuring the holder is securely affixed to the machine.
- Attach the GS+ to the base via the bayonet lock to the HAL GS+ Holder. Ensure that the switches of the GS+ are on the bottom side.
- Switch on the GS+.
Note: The GS+ will stay on the whole time.
Close the HAL door.
- To remove the HAL GS+ holder, simply reverse the installation steps.
Please see a mounting video here:
Please see a dismounting video here:
How to exchange the batteries of the GS+
- Unlock the GS+ from the base plate extension on the holder.
- Remove the side screw with an Allen wrench and remove the front cover.
- Exchange the batteries.
Use only alkaline-manganese batteries in the GS+. No lithium-ion batteries are allowed.