How does EPOM correction work in myQA accept?
An Effective point of measurement (EPOM) is a point inside the Ionization chamber which gives the maximum response for charge collection.
To perform any measurement, it is mandatory to define the Water surface and the isocentre in the water tank. The purpose of defining the water surface is that it takes the water surface as the reference with which the Servo will move in the designated direction and create the graph coordinates defined with respect to that water surface.
When Depth correction (EPOM) is applied to the detector, the detector will move into depth for defined value for depth correction. For example: "-1.8 mm for Cylindrical chamber CC13"
The Blue Phantom System will also consider the water has been shifted by the 1.8mm deep. All the Graphs will also be corrected with this value.
Follow the steps to use it in myQA Accept:
- Go to Common settings > Equipment set up > Detectors.
- Hit New Detector - It will ask for the depth correction (Automatically defined by software for different chambers)
- Hit Create detector. The Detector will be defined with respective depth correction.
- Perform the required measurement using the detector defined with depth correction.
- After completing the measurement, it can be observed in the controller picture detector will stop @ 1.8mm depth.
- Furthermore, in the controller panel, press Go to > Water surface. It will again stop the chamber @ 1.8mm depth.